Friday, July 11, 2008

Mercy

At Wednesday evening's book study, we had one of our Teens open in prayer. During her beautiful, simple, heartfelt prayer, she thanked God for His mercy. Those words: " God, I thank You for Your mercy on us." have been stuck in my head for the past few days. I am making dinner and hearing thank You for Your mercy on us; I am mowing the lawn and hear thank You for Your mercy on us; and even typing this I can still hear her saying thank You for Your mercy on us.

What a great reminder. He IS merciful, forgiving, and compassionate. Our NLT Bible lists MERCY 24 times. His love is completely incredible and so hard to comprehend sometimes. We are sinners, we fall short, and we stumble through life. Yet unconditionally Our Redeemer has mercy.

I am so thankful for this week's Book study and this blessed reminder of His mercy.

All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by his great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Now we live with great expectation, and we have a priceless inheritance-
1 Peter 1:3-4

No comments: